By Dave Huth
Welcome to my ongoing experiment in micro media. Video blogging is a weird and unpredictable exercise. I'm translating ideas, moments, and bits of my life into 90-second chunks of video. Feel free to let me know what you think, and thanks for visiting!

EXPRESS YOURSELF
Got an opinion about this vlog? You can
WRITE A REVIEW
at the iTunes music store.

SUBSCRIBE:

My RSS feed:

Subscribe via iTunes:
itunes 1click subscribe

Many (though not all) of my videos require the latest Quicktime 7, which is available free from Apple's Web site...
Download Quicktime 7 for Mac
Download Quicktime 7 for Windows

F A Q

E-mail Me: davedraws[at]yahoo[dot]com

Lorem Ipsum
Everyone needs to make an independent film, right? Check mine out here.People I Know
A series of candid interviews with friends and neighbors.

Vlognik: My Weblog of new media commentary and discussion

Saturday, February 17, 2007

What I've Been Doing Lately

Watch the video
Many kind folks have asked me why my vlog output has slowed down lately. I decided that my first video back to picking up the pace could be a bit of explanation. Thanks to everyone who has been encouraging me to get back in the swing of things. Especially Jay , Josh, Felicia, Kerry, Sticks, Dad, and a very sweet person named Shelley George. I'm working on it guys!

Comments on "What I've Been Doing Lately"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2/17/2007 12:17 PM) : 

Aha! So ... THAT'S it! Good one, son!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2/17/2007 1:02 PM) : 

HOORAY!!!

 

Blogger Sue Maberry said ... (2/17/2007 2:03 PM) : 

Congratulations. It's wonderful!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2/17/2007 3:17 PM) : 

Hey Dave so like that was awesome man! I remember my feeling of shock sitting at the table when you and Lori made that announcement. This video certainly was worth the wait. I love the music and timing of the whole thing, not to mention cut amazingly cute Gladiola is! The video left me feeling really really happy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2/17/2007 3:52 PM) : 

You know in Lion King, when Simba is introduced to the kingdom? Well I feel like that just happened all over again.

 

Blogger Erin said ... (2/17/2007 8:12 PM) : 

Dave!! This video put a HUGE smile on my face. That is one cutie-pie you have there. What a beautiful baby! If there was ever an excuse not to post very often, this is it :) Best baby video EVER!

 

Blogger Michael Meiser said ... (2/18/2007 9:37 AM) : 

we forgive you dave.

Now get back to work!

No slacking. Don't pull an Andy Carvin on us. We want descriminant creative output... none of those photos of babies and puppies and stuff. You get this one exception, but no more.

Oh, and on behalf of mefeedia and all vloggers (whom I will claim to represent) congratulations!

:)

 

Blogger Dulcinea said ... (2/18/2007 10:47 AM) : 

Beautiful. Beautiful beautiful! Congrats, Dave. What more can one say?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2/18/2007 5:34 PM) : 

Great video, Dave! Gladiola is certainly videoblogogenic.

The look on your dad's face during the announcement made me laugh out loud. "What?!?"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2/19/2007 8:04 AM) : 

Whatchoo talkin' bout, Lennon?!?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2/19/2007 9:30 PM) : 

Congrats! Love the video!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2/20/2007 10:06 AM) : 

Hey David L. I agree. After reading your comment I looked at my Dad's face more closely. It is classic my father. I love how surprised he looks--it make me laugh too.

 

Blogger Kerry said ... (2/20/2007 10:13 AM) : 

Dave-awesome video. Your sense of rhythm and ability to make pictures look like video is interesting and cool. Glad to see you posting again. Keep it up!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2/20/2007 12:02 PM) : 

Whatchoo talkin' bout, Andrew?!?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2/21/2007 4:50 PM) : 

(from a random fan)

Great video. I suppose you get a pass on the long gap since the last one.

Of course I'm still betting your wife did most of the work! ;-)

Thanks for another great video. This is the first time in a while I've seen a 'look at our baby video' that I was entertaining!

 

Blogger Anthony said ... (2/22/2007 11:22 AM) : 

Great to see a post from ya. And that Gladiola... she is a cutie.
Be careful though, sometimes those cute babies, well, they aren't so cute as grown ups. She could grow up to be a lizard or something.
Thanks for sharing this wonderful part of your life here. It is great to see it and the joy that it brings you and your family as well.

 

Blogger missbhavens said ... (2/22/2007 4:13 PM) : 

Yay! Yay because you're back with another wonderful video and Yay because baby Gladiola is the dearest little thing!

I think my favorite part of the video is the announcement...the man on the far left is just so shocked! No, my favorite parts are of Gladiola's expressions...no, wait...

Oh, I don't have any favorite parts. I love the whole thing!

Yay!

 

Blogger rob parrish said ... (2/24/2007 12:39 PM) : 

Congrats on the new baby! Good video too!

Rob

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2/24/2007 10:58 PM) : 

Dave,

Congratulations to you. All the best to you and the family. You continue to be so far evolved in your craft that it knocks me over. Keep being great.

Tony Katz
http://www.talkshowonthego.com
tony@tonykatz.com

 

Blogger Josh Leo said ... (3/08/2007 9:18 AM) : 

I want to hang out with your freinds and family. I still think she is the cutest baby ever. How did you set up the camera to record you telling them all?

 

Blogger Andy said ... (3/15/2007 2:23 AM) : 

Awesome video, I'm glad things are going well for you at home and that your vlog will be producing once again. Thanks for the submission to the film fest by the way. I still check this blog at least once a week, so it's good to see you back. Take care.

~Andy P.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4/05/2007 9:37 AM) : 

so... I don't get it...who's baby was that?

 

Blogger Catherine said ... (4/06/2007 11:55 AM) : 

A great way to introduce a new baby. Not your typical boring baby video. Nicely done.

 

Blogger Christopher I. Ivanyi said ... (4/17/2007 11:20 PM) : 

So beautiful, just so beautiful.
:-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5/01/2007 9:04 AM) : 

Hey Dave,

Lovely vid. Belated congratulations!

Been watching your stuff for a while now (yer on my bkmark bar!). I shared Lorem Ipsum with my wife, and she (we) were/was deeply moved. Very beautiful.

Recently saw the VW ad w/hand shadows. It made me think of you, till the Logo popped up that is....

Cheers and happy parenting.
Dave

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5/29/2007 11:57 PM) : 

Lovely!

And wonderful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6/21/2007 11:09 AM) : 

Dave
Congrats to you and to Lori. And Happy belated Father's Day! That is one cute little peanut you've got there.
Mimi

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9/29/2007 11:52 PM) : 

Congratulations. Any new videos of that precious baby? She really is priceless. What a blessing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4/01/2010 11:24 PM) : 

To buy louis vuitton online, Buy this louis vutton bags in shop. louis vuitton handbags for sale, buy louis vuitton Purses online.discount louis vuitton wallets for sale, louis vuitton replica handbags sold well.Buy this louis vuitton replica bags online.
Discount cheap louis vuitton bags for sale! louis vuitton bags sale well online. Choose cheap louis vuitton handbags online. Discount louis vuitton handbags sale online.Buy this louis vuitton replica Purses on sale. discount louis vuitton handbags for cheap! Get this cheap louis vuitton Purses to home! discount louis vuitton bags for sale.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4/13/2010 10:23 PM) : 

Buy Chanel handbags online, best Chanel bags on sale! Chanel Wallets for sale Chanel Purses onlie chanel replica handbags on sale

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4/23/2010 8:30 PM) : 

www.lida-slimming-capsules.com Lida daidaihua

 

post a comment