By Dave Huth
Welcome to my ongoing experiment in micro media. Video blogging is a weird and unpredictable exercise. I'm translating ideas, moments, and bits of my life into 90-second chunks of video. Feel free to let me know what you think, and thanks for visiting!

EXPRESS YOURSELF
Got an opinion about this vlog? You can
WRITE A REVIEW
at the iTunes music store.

SUBSCRIBE:

My RSS feed:

Subscribe via iTunes:
itunes 1click subscribe

Many (though not all) of my videos require the latest Quicktime 7, which is available free from Apple's Web site...
Download Quicktime 7 for Mac
Download Quicktime 7 for Windows

F A Q

E-mail Me: davedraws[at]yahoo[dot]com

Lorem Ipsum
Everyone needs to make an independent film, right? Check mine out here.People I Know
A series of candid interviews with friends and neighbors.

Vlognik: My Weblog of new media commentary and discussion

Friday, November 24, 2006

Carp Caviar: Lament

Watch the video
A universal cry. And why not for carp? This video is part of something called "Carp Caviar," an annual videoblogging game hosted by the pointy noggin over at BottomUnion: http://www.bottomunion.com/blog/ Some say it's about Carp. Some claim Caviar. I say, as with most things, it's about Life. -- Constructed entirely from Creatve Commons licensed photographs from flickr. Check it: http://www.flickr.com/creativecommons/

Comments on "Carp Caviar: Lament"

 

Blogger Levois said ... (11/28/2006 12:05 PM) : 

Very interesting. Crying for fish being sold at a market.

 

Blogger missbhavens said ... (11/28/2006 2:29 PM) : 

Goodness, that made me sad.

 

Blogger Michael Bischoff said ... (11/30/2006 9:23 PM) : 

I listed to a talk today by Parker Palmer. His main theme was that "all we need is already here." He was talking about that on a spiritual and emotional level--that the resources we need are often within ourselves and within the community around us. I see you applying this principle to video making--all we need to make stunning, compelling videos is available to us all in Creative Commons photos and music, and in our own creativity. I was again impressed by how you can take mundane objects and turn them into something that is moving and engaging.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12/22/2006 10:11 AM) : 

So, Dabe ... when are you going to dump the fish? Just askin'!

Dad

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12/27/2006 4:57 PM) : 

Don't you have anything better to vlog about these days?? fish?! Is this atavistic escape? Are you simplifying humanities color palette for artistic purity or are you merely too busy to buy new paints? Say the word and I'll buy you new paints!

I NEED MORE VLOGS.

phew.

miss you dave.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1/11/2007 11:31 AM) : 

great works. my best compliments!

 

Blogger Huub Koch said ... (1/14/2007 5:52 AM) : 

Vlogging Makes Me Happy Too!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1/20/2007 2:20 PM) : 

Please...
Please...
Please...

never make a video like that again (I *love* you too much...)

Does all of your food talk to you?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1/28/2007 3:27 PM) : 

I laughed for a good long time. (I hope that was the point)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1/28/2007 4:22 PM) : 

How sad! Just think, so many deprive so many of God's fellow creatures of their freedom and such just for a bit of taste

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6/12/2007 7:42 AM) : 

Greetings,
It captured my attention for what you've posted, it was very nice and informative for those who's also in this kind of field or in the field of entertainment .keep up the good work and more power..

 

post a comment