By Dave Huth
Welcome to my ongoing experiment in micro media. Video blogging is a weird and unpredictable exercise. I'm translating ideas, moments, and bits of my life into 90-second chunks of video. Feel free to let me know what you think, and thanks for visiting!

EXPRESS YOURSELF
Got an opinion about this vlog? You can
WRITE A REVIEW
at the iTunes music store.

SUBSCRIBE:

My RSS feed:

Subscribe via iTunes:
itunes 1click subscribe

Many (though not all) of my videos require the latest Quicktime 7, which is available free from Apple's Web site...
Download Quicktime 7 for Mac
Download Quicktime 7 for Windows

F A Q

E-mail Me: davedraws[at]yahoo[dot]com

Lorem Ipsum
Everyone needs to make an independent film, right? Check mine out here.People I Know
A series of candid interviews with friends and neighbors.

Vlognik: My Weblog of new media commentary and discussion

Saturday, August 05, 2006

There Are So Many Of Us

Watch the video

Comments on "There Are So Many Of Us"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8/05/2006 2:51 PM) : 

stunning.

 

Blogger B said ... (8/05/2006 4:05 PM) : 

Needed to see that today. Thanks Dave.

 

Blogger Lan Bui (of The Bui Brothers) said ... (8/05/2006 8:18 PM) : 

I will have to watch this again...

Ok, I just did.

I hope we all matter; Dave, I know you do. You do to many people that hope each day that you post a new video.

I also believe in US!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8/05/2006 8:20 PM) : 

Can you mail me the pieces to this one?

(if you still have them...)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8/05/2006 8:23 PM) : 

Oh, and I enjoyed watching this post, especially when the lady backed in with the big platter of food.

 

Blogger Aaron Valdez said ... (8/06/2006 1:33 AM) : 

wow. Methamphetamine. it's the only explanation.

 

Blogger Devlon said ... (8/06/2006 1:06 PM) : 

I am never disappointed after watching your work Dave.

It's ironic that there are so many of us, yet some of us still feel so alone.

 

Blogger Tim said ... (8/07/2006 12:59 PM) : 

I'm convinced that both your imagination and ability with a camera are limitless. Who knew pieces of paper could be so poignant? I guess you did.

 

Blogger Stephanie Martin said ... (8/07/2006 7:03 PM) : 

dave.
this one's my favorite.
hands down.

 

Blogger twocarpenters said ... (8/08/2006 11:06 AM) : 

We've been driving by a sign all week that says "Questions are the important thing in life--not the answers."

This video definitely asks the most important questions, the questions that make us move and act.

Beautiful.

Thanks.

 

Blogger missbhavens said ... (8/08/2006 5:04 PM) : 

The Essence of Dave:

Taking all the hard questions and making them pretty to look at.

See, that way, when you think upon them later, it doesn't hurt your head hurt so much. Instead, it makes you smile.

 

Blogger JuanFalla said ... (8/08/2006 5:42 PM) : 

If I concentrate on the visual technique, it's just amazing.
If I concentrate on the message, it leaves me thinking about life, I begin this journey of thoughts, serious thoughts, trying to answer the questions you subtly ask.

As usual Dave, amazing video.

My favourite part? When your hand comes in and grab the "?".

 

Blogger Michael Bischoff said ... (8/12/2006 10:30 AM) : 

Dave, I discovered your vlog a few weeks ago. Since then, I have watched all of the videos here. Your matery of the technical side of video, vlogging, animation, etc. is amazing--but what makes me keep coming back is how you can take technical play and put such spirit and life into it. That is a huge gift. My four year old son also loves to watch your videos.

Partially inspired by your vlog, I started a vlog of my own.

Thank you.

 

Blogger Erin said ... (8/17/2006 1:53 PM) : 

Great questions to think about! I loved the music in this too :) I'm continuing the discussion between Anthony and Andrew over here.

 

Blogger Trevor and Dan Productions said ... (8/17/2006 3:46 PM) : 

Your creativity is amazing...I couldn't find myself producing that many pieces of paper to pull across one question that is important to all of us. Thanks for sharing your truly original style. I enjoyed it. I wish my videos could be more creative...but we all have our own styles. That's what makes us matter.

Dan of Trevor and Dan Productions

 

Blogger Dave H. said ... (8/17/2006 6:07 PM) : 

Hello folks, Dave here! Some of you groovy vloggers wanted to discuss why I referred to God in this video as "she."

I didn't intend for this to be a video about God specifically, it's really more about me and my thoughts/feelings. Besides, Anthony has a _much_ better forum for discussing that stuff at his awesome site "Conversation God." So we moved that thread over there.

NOT to say that I don't ever want to talk about God or religion here at 90 Seconds of Dave. I just thought this wasn't the best video/forum for the kind of idea exchange that was coming together.

Thanks to everyone for being interested and supportive of my videos!

 

Blogger Graham Walker said ... (8/18/2006 12:58 PM) : 

Holy wow! This is probably you best yet. I woudl love to see more in this style.

As always you ideas are thought provoking, interesting and a shinning light in the vlogsphere

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8/18/2006 5:18 PM) : 

I'd love to pick your brain about stop-motion some day. Very impressive.

 

Blogger Laura Moncur said ... (8/22/2006 11:52 AM) : 

Wow! Dave!

You slam it out of the park EVERY time!

 

Blogger Catherine said ... (8/23/2006 5:04 PM) : 

One of my new favorite vlogs!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8/29/2006 2:02 PM) : 

Nice video, thanks!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9/01/2006 12:42 AM) : 

Definitely one of my favorites. I'll tell you why sometime if you remind me. I'm much better at talking than writing lately.

 

Blogger JuanFalla said ... (9/07/2006 3:38 PM) : 

Hi Dave!

Just coming to say "hi". Its been a while since your last video. Anyway, I hope all is well. Bye.

 

Blogger Erin said ... (9/13/2006 6:53 PM) : 

Yeah, I feel like one of my favorite shows is on a break! Been missing your videos lately. Hope all is well with ya :)

 

Blogger Jennifer Proctor said ... (10/01/2006 9:59 PM) : 

Beautifully crafted and thought provoking. Also makes me a little sad, in a good way. Thanks.

 

Blogger jesse said ... (10/04/2006 12:17 AM) : 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Blogger jesse said ... (10/04/2006 12:48 AM) : 

I was especially touched when you showed Moses under the "Do I matter?" sequence. Very nicely done.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/24/2006 4:18 AM) : 

Oh my. Really beautiful. Thank you for this and all your pieces.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/28/2006 1:17 PM) : 

hello.
Im from santiago of Chile.
Do you know,where can I
download this short ?
I need it.
your blogg, is very interesting
I`ll visit you again...
please, IF you have some information..
mi e-mail is:
javier_ae@yahoo.com
have a nice day.
silla!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1/20/2007 2:32 PM) : 

This was incredible all the way around, Dave. Can you make this available in a larger size to enjoy its full scope?

(Alessi)

 

post a comment