By Dave Huth
Welcome to my ongoing experiment in micro media. Video blogging is a weird and unpredictable exercise. I'm translating ideas, moments, and bits of my life into 90-second chunks of video. Feel free to let me know what you think, and thanks for visiting!

EXPRESS YOURSELF
Got an opinion about this vlog? You can
WRITE A REVIEW
at the iTunes music store.

SUBSCRIBE:

My RSS feed:

Subscribe via iTunes:
itunes 1click subscribe

Many (though not all) of my videos require the latest Quicktime 7, which is available free from Apple's Web site...
Download Quicktime 7 for Mac
Download Quicktime 7 for Windows

F A Q

E-mail Me: davedraws[at]yahoo[dot]com

Lorem Ipsum
Everyone needs to make an independent film, right? Check mine out here.People I Know
A series of candid interviews with friends and neighbors.

Vlognik: My Weblog of new media commentary and discussion

Monday, June 19, 2006

Construction

Watch the video
Since returning from Vloggercon, I'm filled me with excitement, ideas, and questions about the new medium of videoblogging. What will the future bring for creators and storytellers? I'm looking forward to the coming year.

Comments on "Construction"

 

Blogger Erin said ... (6/19/2006 11:57 AM) : 

Wow! You have been busy! I can only imagine how much time that must have taken. Truly inspiring.. I loved it!

 

Blogger Laura Moncur said ... (6/19/2006 11:57 AM) : 

Great video!

I HAVE A PURPOSE!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6/19/2006 4:23 PM) : 

Darn, I missed you at vloggercon! Oh well, maybe I'll see you at the next one. Great vlog, btw. Those figures remind me a lot of Tim Burton's work. :-)

http://beccavlog.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6/19/2006 9:29 PM) : 

great video-actually that was very artistic and a cool message

 

Blogger Lan Bui (of The Bui Brothers) said ... (6/19/2006 9:57 PM) : 

I feel the same way as the video characters.

I too want to shout out saying I matter.

 

Blogger Anthony said ... (6/19/2006 10:41 PM) : 

I am again stunned by your creativity and perspective. The way you see things and the way you show them is beautiful.
I don't know what to say. So I'll just say thanks for sharing. Thank you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6/20/2006 12:07 AM) : 

i was going to write "stunned", but someone else already said it.

 

Blogger Vu Bui said ... (6/20/2006 12:43 AM) : 

Dave is at one with the universe.

The universe is in chaos.

 

Blogger Patrick said ... (6/20/2006 1:18 AM) : 

That was brilliant.

 

Blogger Graham Walker said ... (6/20/2006 12:27 PM) : 

Classic Dave material. As always much appreciated and enjoyed.

 

Blogger Josh Leo said ... (6/20/2006 1:40 PM) : 

I mean I could focus on your amazing sculpture abilities, your thoughtful message, your camerawork, or your editing... it is entirely too difficult to choose. I want to beat you up because this is so good... Never stop

 

Blogger JuanFalla said ... (6/20/2006 1:41 PM) : 

The message can bi taken in many diferent ways. Reading your words about Vloggercon, I guess it's related to that.

What a great medium this is where we can express ourselfs freelly, with no "big executive" deciding what can be aired, and what goes "in the can".

Nice Stop Motion....
Nice reverse camera shots...

 

Blogger Nurse2B said ... (6/20/2006 9:14 PM) : 

That was so great - I love how evocative your stuff is. It is truly inspiring... Thanks, yet again!!

 

Blogger Carl Weaver said ... (6/20/2006 11:51 PM) : 

Damn - that was incredible!

 

Blogger me said ... (6/21/2006 1:30 AM) : 

stunning. absolutely stunning. thank you for sharing what you create.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6/22/2006 5:46 PM) : 

Your characters remind me of the Brothers Quay but more upbeat. I love their personalities. Great vlog. Great message.

 

Blogger F Daum said ... (6/28/2006 5:11 AM) : 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Blogger F Daum said ... (6/28/2006 5:13 AM) : 

I'm just getting around to watching your videos. The soundtrack is ominous and struggling. It fits in well with the dystopic nature of the video. To me it's similar to life's surface- no overabundance of the ideal Greek human form. Very bluesy. I appreciate the animated cohesion of font, sculpture, and music. Plus it's animated!

 

Blogger B said ... (7/05/2006 8:23 AM) : 

How do you have so much time to kick so much ass, Dave? Stunning.

 

Blogger Verdi said ... (7/12/2006 10:54 AM) : 

Man that was great. The soundtrack and camera moves were amazing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7/19/2006 5:51 PM) : 

Dave,
Love, Love, Love.

 

Blogger Lisa Ours said ... (7/20/2006 6:08 PM) : 

I LOVED this one!! Such creative concepts. When my daughter saw it she decided she wanted to to some stop-capture on her soon to be up and running vlog.
Thanks for inspiring the next generation!

 

Blogger Chuck Leggett said ... (8/12/2006 3:51 PM) : 

This video is featured in Vlog Gumbo 5.

 

Blogger Jen Simmons said ... (8/24/2006 9:11 PM) : 

I started smelling playdough while watching this...
:-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/13/2006 9:43 PM) : 

That is great. Loved the ending.

 

post a comment