By Dave Huth
Welcome to my ongoing experiment in micro media. Video blogging is a weird and unpredictable exercise. I'm translating ideas, moments, and bits of my life into 90-second chunks of video. Feel free to let me know what you think, and thanks for visiting!

EXPRESS YOURSELF
Got an opinion about this vlog? You can
WRITE A REVIEW
at the iTunes music store.

SUBSCRIBE:

My RSS feed:

Subscribe via iTunes:
itunes 1click subscribe

Many (though not all) of my videos require the latest Quicktime 7, which is available free from Apple's Web site...
Download Quicktime 7 for Mac
Download Quicktime 7 for Windows

F A Q

E-mail Me: davedraws[at]yahoo[dot]com

Lorem Ipsum
Everyone needs to make an independent film, right? Check mine out here.People I Know
A series of candid interviews with friends and neighbors.

Vlognik: My Weblog of new media commentary and discussion

Friday, June 23, 2006

The Farm: Invasion


Watch the video
What began as a simple conversation with Devlon ("Hey, you know what I saw today that is really slow moving...?"), quickly grew to this madness. No animals were harmed in the making of this video. They were simply covered with mucus.

Comments on ""

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6/23/2006 7:25 AM) : 

SALT!!!

Get the salt!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6/23/2006 8:25 AM) : 

good god.

the music -- was that "Old MacDonald?"

You should name this one "E-I-E-I-O..."

Loved it!

 

Blogger Lan Bui (of The Bui Brothers) said ... (6/23/2006 9:52 AM) : 

Dave, that was awesome.

If the snails and slugs represented humans then this video represents how invasive we are on the animal or natures world. We take over and climb and crawl all over everything no matter what it is or where it is.

Maybe I have it all wrong though. After watching it again I think it might be a love story...

 

Blogger Erin said ... (6/23/2006 12:30 PM) : 

So you just happened to have a bunch of slugs and snails on hand? This was amazing!! The sound is what really makes this video.

 

Blogger Michael W said ... (6/23/2006 1:56 PM) : 

nice! and kind of creepy.

It reminds me of the biggest slug I had ever seen that I almost stepped on the other day...

 

Blogger Josh Leo said ... (6/23/2006 2:12 PM) : 

As always... I don't really have to say it do I?... I love it

 

Blogger JuanFalla said ... (6/23/2006 5:54 PM) : 

It's amazing....
W...A...O....

That zoom in slow shot of the snail was pretty amazing.

 

Blogger Stephanie Martin said ... (6/23/2006 8:20 PM) : 

dave...
so super way cooool.
but also kinda gross.

haha.
where'd you get all those snails?

 

Blogger Carl Weaver said ... (6/24/2006 10:35 PM) : 

I love slugs. We have a pretty good crop of them where I live. I think of them as my pets who live outside.

 

Blogger F Daum said ... (6/25/2006 1:51 PM) : 

Amazing how the lighting didn't change. I like combination of the hard whimsical plastic representations of life- the animals combined out of proportion with real living soft slugs. The horn section and weather sounds lend some ominous feeling. I love the luscious image of slugs feeding on a strawberry.

 

Blogger Anthony said ... (6/25/2006 10:18 PM) : 

Sounds...how they effect our visual interpretation. It seems to me you probably spend a good bit of time adding the sounds that make this so much more than a video of slugs and snails.

 

Blogger Chris Daniel said ... (6/27/2006 11:56 PM) : 

Great video Dave! I think this reminded me of a past episode of fear factor.. maybe it was the slugs in the glass box that did it. The barnyard animals was a nice touch.

 

Blogger Lisa Ours said ... (7/20/2006 6:04 PM) : 

My teenage daughter and I watched this one and she loved it while I was shuddering the whole time...not that I didn't love it just that it was soooooo creepy.

 

post a comment