By Dave Huth
Welcome to my ongoing experiment in micro media. Video blogging is a weird and unpredictable exercise. I'm translating ideas, moments, and bits of my life into 90-second chunks of video. Feel free to let me know what you think, and thanks for visiting!

EXPRESS YOURSELF
Got an opinion about this vlog? You can
WRITE A REVIEW
at the iTunes music store.

SUBSCRIBE:

My RSS feed:

Subscribe via iTunes:
itunes 1click subscribe

Many (though not all) of my videos require the latest Quicktime 7, which is available free from Apple's Web site...
Download Quicktime 7 for Mac
Download Quicktime 7 for Windows

F A Q

E-mail Me: davedraws[at]yahoo[dot]com

Lorem Ipsum
Everyone needs to make an independent film, right? Check mine out here.People I Know
A series of candid interviews with friends and neighbors.

Vlognik: My Weblog of new media commentary and discussion

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Edifice


Weird and artsy. Yes, it's actually based on a dream I had recently. Pretty kooky, I know!

Music by Josh Roydhouse via the Podsafe Music Network.

Comments on "Edifice"

 

Blogger Devin said ... (4/13/2006 6:03 PM) : 

Once I got something wrong in english class because I used the word edifice to describe a 'hut' or 'shed'. The teacher claimed that edifice meant a large building, not just a building.

I argued my point, having to reference it's latin derivation 'edificare' which means to build.

Her dictionary said large building. Other dictionaries said just a building. Of course, only her dictionary was right.

Finally, I got the points.

I failed to mention the liklihood the she beleived it meant 'large' building only because it is a 'big' word.

 

Blogger Anthony said ... (4/13/2006 8:49 PM) : 

Do you usually dream "kooky" like that? Maybe it is just the creativity running through ya even while you sleep.
Thanks again for sharing.

 

Blogger Adam said ... (4/14/2006 4:47 AM) : 

Looks like a fantastic day for it too, makes me want to go outside and play.

all the best

Adam and Boudica

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4/14/2006 11:46 PM) : 

I watched it without sound, cause this computer's sound thing is broken. I like going out in the woods in America/Canada, building stuff like this...walks and whatnot esp. in the fall...when the leaves crunch under your boots and the air is just right. I miss moments like this here in Japan. There are wonderful parks and places to camp however it is not the same.

 

Blogger JuanFalla said ... (4/16/2006 12:05 AM) : 

You know, every time you come up with a new video I think is going to go "one way", and EVERY TIME it goes in a different direction.

I mean, I thought it was going to be the v ideo in "bakcwards" all the time, and then you take the video in another direction... I have to say it amazes me how you gahter different concepts'ideas and mixed them together.

I say that because in my mind I find it very difficoult to make things that are new, that bring something new to the table.

What I learn from your videos is to try to be open minded more, to experiment with things I normally wouldn't do. I hope to someday "experiment". I have to try it...

As usual, great video. And an extremelly good message too.

 

Blogger Graham Walker said ... (4/18/2006 4:56 PM) : 

Can always count on you to make good stuff worth watching. Thanks

 

post a comment