By Dave Huth
Welcome to my ongoing experiment in micro media. Video blogging is a weird and unpredictable exercise. I'm translating ideas, moments, and bits of my life into 90-second chunks of video. Feel free to let me know what you think, and thanks for visiting!

EXPRESS YOURSELF
Got an opinion about this vlog? You can
WRITE A REVIEW
at the iTunes music store.

SUBSCRIBE:

My RSS feed:

Subscribe via iTunes:
itunes 1click subscribe

Many (though not all) of my videos require the latest Quicktime 7, which is available free from Apple's Web site...
Download Quicktime 7 for Mac
Download Quicktime 7 for Windows

F A Q

E-mail Me: davedraws[at]yahoo[dot]com

Lorem Ipsum
Everyone needs to make an independent film, right? Check mine out here.People I Know
A series of candid interviews with friends and neighbors.

Vlognik: My Weblog of new media commentary and discussion

Sunday, April 09, 2006

People I Know: Mortality, Part 7



Today's video is the last of a 7 part series comprising "Videoblogging Week 2006." Thank you.

Music by Josh Roydhouse via the Podsafe Music Network.

See other videos from Videoblogging Week 2006:

Comments on "People I Know: Mortality, Part 7"

 

Blogger cjereneta said ... (4/09/2006 4:27 PM) : 

Too emotional to write now; watched all seven in a single setting. I'll try again soon.

Thanks for this.

 

Blogger missbhavens said ... (4/10/2006 3:16 PM) : 

I waited until vbweek06 was finished and then watched all 7 parts in this series. I had some teary moments and some giggles, too. Mostly I was awed by everyone's brave honesty, the wildly differing opinions, the amazing similarities, and your editing mastery.

You get amazing stuff out of people. And you present it beautifully.

This was truly, truly special.

 

Blogger Adam said ... (4/15/2006 7:57 AM) : 

It has taken me a while to give time and space to view all of the videos. Initially I found them too painful to view, but there they sat in itune's waiting for me. And I find at last something very special. A big warm thank you and to those who shared there stories and beliefs.

 

Blogger Erin said ... (6/25/2006 6:13 PM) : 

I've been meaning to comment on this series for awhile now. I watched it during videoblogging week and had so many thoughts about it that I wasn't sure where to start. So I watched it again last night. To echo what many others have said, the "people you know", were so amazing and transparent and honest. What a great group of people, each with their own experiences, stories and ideas of what happens after we die. These videos are really important and very worthwhile. I hope they will challenge others to ponder some of these questions themselves. Really great stuff Dave :)

 

Blogger Scott W. said ... (7/15/2006 2:50 AM) : 

Over 3 months later, and I'm just learning of this series you did. What an absolutely wonderful job you did.

Not only do we need to talk about death, but people need to talk about death to the dying--to the terminally ill.

I know my dying mother had death on her mind but everyone wanted to void talking about it. So, I took a leap of faith and I spoke to her about it. Indeed, she had questions about dying and needed someone to talk to.

She would have gone to her grave with all these questions bottled up inside her, had I not took that leap of faith.

Personally, I don't think death should be feared because we have no choice; it's something we all must do. But, to get other's perspective on death and hear what they have to say, it's really interesting.

So, "thank you" for a job well done!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7/28/2006 7:57 PM) : 

Wow. Just beautiful. Technically very well done, nicely edited, nice b/w. The concept and the words and the honesty coming from the subjects is very moving. Just lovely.

Can't wait to show friends.

Thank you for this.


~Jeff

 

post a comment