By Dave Huth
Welcome to my ongoing experiment in micro media. Video blogging is a weird and unpredictable exercise. I'm translating ideas, moments, and bits of my life into 90-second chunks of video. Feel free to let me know what you think, and thanks for visiting!

EXPRESS YOURSELF
Got an opinion about this vlog? You can
WRITE A REVIEW
at the iTunes music store.

SUBSCRIBE:

My RSS feed:

Subscribe via iTunes:
itunes 1click subscribe

Many (though not all) of my videos require the latest Quicktime 7, which is available free from Apple's Web site...
Download Quicktime 7 for Mac
Download Quicktime 7 for Windows

F A Q

E-mail Me: davedraws[at]yahoo[dot]com

Lorem Ipsum
Everyone needs to make an independent film, right? Check mine out here.People I Know
A series of candid interviews with friends and neighbors.

Vlognik: My Weblog of new media commentary and discussion

Saturday, February 18, 2006

A Seed in the Desert


In keeping with this month's theme of Hope, I'm sending out this short story animated in software called "Director."

Music "Goblin Attack" by Two Star Symphony via the Podsafe Music Network.

Comments on "A Seed in the Desert"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2/19/2006 5:54 AM) : 

Wow, you never cease to amaze me.
I've become such an admirer of animation
like this recently, and always think about how
much work and care goes into making it this good.
Amazing choice of music, it worked beautifully
with the story-line and images. Did you start with
that, or find it a little later?

 

Blogger Anthony said ... (2/19/2006 11:22 PM) : 

You got skillz! nuf said!

 

Blogger missbhavens said ... (2/22/2006 5:47 PM) : 

"Hope" is a wonderful theme and THIS was a wonderful piece of work! Perfect choice of music, too. Amazing...yet again!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2/23/2006 7:39 PM) : 

I've watched this a bunch of times,
and it deserves another comment.
The music is so good, and your animation
is just wedded to it. I'm baffled to come here
after my first comment and only see a few more.
Hope. I might try to make a Carp Caviar with
that theme in mind, to bounce off this one. I already have an idea, at least a starting point. May the earth always provide you with ample sustenance Mr. Huth.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2/24/2006 6:12 PM) : 

This made me realize how badly I need to get out of the city and into a field or forest to recharge.

Beautiful.

 

Blogger JuanFalla said ... (3/02/2006 11:09 PM) : 

Dave, I've read a lot about this software-game. It'll be nice to see another movie using it, maybe someone with actors... if you do one, I sure hope you'll show it to us.

 

post a comment