By Dave Huth
Welcome to my ongoing experiment in micro media. Video blogging is a weird and unpredictable exercise. I'm translating ideas, moments, and bits of my life into 90-second chunks of video. Feel free to let me know what you think, and thanks for visiting!

EXPRESS YOURSELF
Got an opinion about this vlog? You can
WRITE A REVIEW
at the iTunes music store.

SUBSCRIBE:

My RSS feed:

Subscribe via iTunes:
itunes 1click subscribe

Many (though not all) of my videos require the latest Quicktime 7, which is available free from Apple's Web site...
Download Quicktime 7 for Mac
Download Quicktime 7 for Windows

F A Q

E-mail Me: davedraws[at]yahoo[dot]com

Lorem Ipsum
Everyone needs to make an independent film, right? Check mine out here.People I Know
A series of candid interviews with friends and neighbors.

Vlognik: My Weblog of new media commentary and discussion

Monday, April 03, 2006

People I Know: Mortality, Part 1


This week is "Videoblogging Week 2006." Along with many other vloggers, I've accepted the one-video-every-day challenge, and I'm doing so by trying something new. This week I'll be posting a series of clips from candid conversations with my friends and neighbors, about a topic we rarely discuss. I hope you'll be willing to let me know what you think.

Music by Josh Roydhouse via the Podsafe Music Network.

Comments on "People I Know: Mortality, Part 1"

 

Blogger Devin said ... (4/03/2006 12:32 PM) : 

Rediculous. Awesome.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4/03/2006 8:12 PM) : 

Wow... what a powerful piece... it made me vaklempt.

Looking forward to seeing what else you come out with this week.

 

Blogger Tim said ... (4/03/2006 9:03 PM) : 

As a counselor, I believe that that is probably one of the most imporant videos anyone has ever done. It's amazing that you were able to get those individuals to open up to you like that.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4/03/2006 9:22 PM) : 

Excellent video. Thank your friends for sharing so much with all of us.

 

Blogger Chuck Olsen said ... (4/04/2006 12:48 AM) : 

amazing, brave, and real.

 

Blogger Anthony said ... (4/04/2006 1:07 AM) : 

What a serious topic! What an important topic! Beautifully done! I hope many get to see this and hear it and consider it!
I'm gonna watch the second one now. I'll comment there too.
Thanks so much for sharing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4/04/2006 7:49 PM) : 

Hey Dave,
We both loved it.

Great visual style with the camera movements, and the B&W fits great.

It's neat to see how you're using this as a community-building effort -- I'm sure that everyone will feel more connected as a result. Not just with you taping it, but from everyone watching it as well.

Has a nice 6 Feet Under type of vibe. Looking foward to the rest of the week.

 

Blogger Mary Beth said ... (4/04/2006 10:55 PM) : 

Powerful topic. It's great that they were all willing to let such personal moments and thoughts be shared like this.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4/06/2006 2:18 AM) : 

Everything about this was spot-on excellent. The people and the thoughts, and the way you put it together.

A big part of life, this Death stuff.

 

Blogger Devlon said ... (4/07/2006 6:45 PM) : 

Death tugs at my ear and says: "Live, I am coming".
Oliver Wendell Holmes

Great stuff as usual Dave.

 

Blogger JuanFalla said ... (4/09/2006 9:37 PM) : 

I guess 'this' topic is one we all share. Who hasen't talked about it?
The question we should ask then is, are you scared by death?
In our case, my wife is scared by it, and I rarelly think about it....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4/15/2006 2:31 PM) : 

It's funny that you posted these, 'cause I've been wanting to talk to you about death for awhile now. I think about death almost obsessively.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5/01/2010 1:45 AM) : 

Best louis vuitton bags on sale,Cheap louis vuitton handbags on line.Buy this louis vuitton purses for you. cheap louis vuitton purses on line.Look louis vuitton purses sale well,buy louis vuitton wallets on sale.Look louis vuitton wallets sale well.Discount replica louis vuitton wallets for you,do discount louis vuitton wallets on line.To buy louis vuitton 2010 on sale,choose louis vuitton bags 2010 for you.Look this new louis vuitton bags 2010 on line,buy lv bags 2010 for you.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5/01/2010 10:24 PM) : 

nBuy Chanel handbags online, best Chanel bags on sale! Chanel Wallets for sale Chanel Purses onlie chanel replica handbags on sale chanel replica bags for cheap Cheap Chanel handbags online for sale! discount Chanel bags onlie store. best Cheap Chanel bags on sale.discount Chanel handbags for sale. Chanel handbags sale online. Chanel bags sale for cheap. buy Chanel handbag online, best Chanel bag on sale! Chanel Wallet on sale Chanel Purse onlie chanel replica handbag for sale chanel replica bag for cheap Cheap Chanel handbag online for sale! discount Chanel bag onlie store. best Cheap Chanel bag on sale.discount Chanel handbag for sale. Chanel handbag sale online. Chanel bag sale for cheap.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6/20/2010 11:01 PM) : 

We offer sports shoes sale [url=http://www.new-mbt.com/][b]mbt shoes uk[/b][/url] ,like [url=http://www.new-mbt.com/][b]mbt shoes[/b][/url] and [url=http://www.new-mbt.com/][b]mbt shoe[/b][/url] where sale [url=http://www.new-mbt.com/][b]discount mbt shoes[/b][/url] and [url=http://www.new-mbt.com/][b]cheap mbt shoes[/b][/url],[url=http://www.new-mbt.com/][b]mbt shoes sale[/b][/url] on sale, you can [url=http://www.new-mbt.com/][b]buy mbt shoes[/b][/url] there world best [url=http://www.new-mbt.com/][b]anti shoes[/b][/url] online store!!

 

post a comment