By Dave Huth
Welcome to my ongoing experiment in micro media. Video blogging is a weird and unpredictable exercise. I'm translating ideas, moments, and bits of my life into 90-second chunks of video. Feel free to let me know what you think, and thanks for visiting!

EXPRESS YOURSELF
Got an opinion about this vlog? You can
WRITE A REVIEW
at the iTunes music store.

SUBSCRIBE:

My RSS feed:

Subscribe via iTunes:
itunes 1click subscribe

Many (though not all) of my videos require the latest Quicktime 7, which is available free from Apple's Web site...
Download Quicktime 7 for Mac
Download Quicktime 7 for Windows

F A Q

E-mail Me: davedraws[at]yahoo[dot]com

Lorem Ipsum
Everyone needs to make an independent film, right? Check mine out here.People I Know
A series of candid interviews with friends and neighbors.

Vlognik: My Weblog of new media commentary and discussion

Sunday, March 05, 2006

The Decision



This one's a little longer than usual (4:30). Any advice for how to deal with the fundamental problem discussed herein would be welcome.

Music by the fantastic Two Star Symphony via the Podsafe Music Network.

Comments on "The Decision"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3/06/2006 12:54 AM) : 

oh my god...this was beautiful. It was like a crazy rhapsody of thought. I loved it!
Great work.

 

Blogger Dez said ... (3/06/2006 1:57 AM) : 

wow. I can relate 110%. Beaatiful. Amazing Spectacualr!

 

Blogger Jen Simmons said ... (3/06/2006 8:30 AM) : 

• breath through your nose
• if you have to choose between eating and breathing in any given moment, choose breathing
• don't sweat the future, live in the present
• go see a psychic, 'cause all that "don't sweat the future" doesn't work that easily

 

Blogger missbhavens said ... (3/06/2006 3:35 PM) : 

Cool! Actually, in any given moment I'd choose eating over breathing. No compitition there. If we breathed through our shoulders we'd have to cut holes in all our sweaters!

It would do no good to know the future...decision making would be TWICE as hard and make me three times as crazy as it does now...

 

Blogger Mike Machenry said ... (3/06/2006 8:37 PM) : 

You decide NOW just like you have in the PAST. Carefully, or impulsively - happily or with deliberation or fear, making decisions NOW is the only way you get to see the FUTURE. (my comment doesn't look nearly as good as your question)
-serra

 

Blogger DannyMayonnaise said ... (3/06/2006 10:23 PM) : 

That was an awesome experience.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3/07/2006 5:49 AM) : 

I think most of our lives contain some unanticipated terror. Your life in the past five years has had more than its share. But, as your video points out, our lives also contain some unanticipated joy. You can try to pick options that minimize the chance of terror and maximize the opportunities for joy but it doesn't always work. I'm confident however, that when there is joy to be found, you will find it and use it, along with the terror, to make art. Keep vlogging.
About your decision: Ask your wife. Ask your cat. You'll figure it out.

 

Blogger Devin said ... (3/07/2006 7:10 PM) : 

Wow.

:flagged:

 

Blogger Jes said ... (3/07/2006 7:52 PM) : 

Dave! You and I appear to be at the crossroads. I love you're art form. Continue to use this as a means of exploring the outcomes of your decisions (ya know the pro/cons list). Ignore that visit a psychic by Jen (no offense or flames). I can tell that you are a believer of God and that seers are not an option. Not to advertise anything, but I'm currently reading a book to help me with the same issues. It's called Whistle While You Work (heeding your life's calling) by Richard Leider and David Shapiro. That's just the title it's deeper than the title lets on. God Bless You and may you hear Him as He guides your way.

 

Blogger JuanFalla said ... (3/08/2006 10:36 PM) : 

Dave: this post is freaking awesome!!!!!
The things you say, what you come to question... Man, that's serious stuff expresed ina a very original and direct way!

I guess we're supposed to look back at our past, and based on the decisions we made there, make the ones todya we think are correct, or 'better'.

If I were in that position, were I have to make a BIG decision, I usually ask for advice to someone I trully respect, and someone I knwo is going to give me TRUE advice.

[YOU are trully an artist. Great video]

 

Blogger B said ... (3/08/2006 11:20 PM) : 

I've never been so caught up in four minutes of video blogging. I'd argue we need to focus on preparing for the unknown rather than worrying about how to predict it. I wouldn't want to know the future because despite the bad things that have/can happen, it's more about handling the journey than overcoming it before it happens. And choose breathing. We all probably overeat anyway, and you can survive longer without food than air.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3/11/2006 2:07 PM) : 

Wow. This is the first time I ever visited your site! I've heard of it many times, but have not had a chance to visit it! You are a great artist and very innovative with video.

I will definitely come back and visit your site more often! Thanks for the comment on mine. I am greatly honored :-)

Aloha,
Becca

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3/12/2006 9:57 PM) : 

YOU DESERVE AN OSCAR FOR SHORT FILM!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3/14/2006 11:49 PM) : 

Thanks for the comment at Bicycle! This video was a real treat! You really have some talent.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3/17/2006 11:48 PM) : 

sweeet stuff. I dont know whether it made the process easier or harder or just more confusing to make a logical decision. I finally decided that I love it

 

Blogger eric said ... (3/27/2006 3:32 PM) : 

interesting questions portrayed through an interesting tehchnique. very good job with the videos. i've enjoyed all of them, keep it up.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3/31/2006 8:36 PM) : 

Dave,
I love how you're able to communicate so much in so little time. Great piece.
Sometimes my wife Jen gets premonitions and it can actually be quite a nuasance because she gets freaked out. So living in the now seems to work the best for us.

 

Blogger Tim said ... (4/03/2006 9:16 PM) : 

My mind just melted...

 

Blogger Nurse2B said ... (4/08/2006 11:43 AM) : 

Ok it took me a while to get to this one... But that was awsome!!!!

 

Blogger Jib said ... (4/24/2006 1:14 AM) : 

Awesome! I totally feel ya!

 

Blogger Michael said ... (5/03/2006 9:14 PM) : 

Wow!

I'm awestruck by your insight.

 

post a comment