By Dave Huth
Welcome to my ongoing experiment in micro media. Video blogging is a weird and unpredictable exercise. I'm translating ideas, moments, and bits of my life into 90-second chunks of video. Feel free to let me know what you think, and thanks for visiting!

EXPRESS YOURSELF
Got an opinion about this vlog? You can
WRITE A REVIEW
at the iTunes music store.

SUBSCRIBE:

My RSS feed:

Subscribe via iTunes:
itunes 1click subscribe

Many (though not all) of my videos require the latest Quicktime 7, which is available free from Apple's Web site...
Download Quicktime 7 for Mac
Download Quicktime 7 for Windows

F A Q

E-mail Me: davedraws[at]yahoo[dot]com

Lorem Ipsum
Everyone needs to make an independent film, right? Check mine out here.People I Know
A series of candid interviews with friends and neighbors.

Vlognik: My Weblog of new media commentary and discussion

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

FAQ

Where did you learn to shoot/edit?

In 1999 my good pal Steve introduced me to his childhood friend Marcus. Marcus told me he was going to make a movie, and asked if I would like to help. I thought this idea was hilarious, because a regular person can't make a movie on the weekends in his back yard. Boy was I wrong. Marcus, Steve, and I figured out on our own how to plan, shoot, re-shoot, and edit with digital video. Eventually I studied computer graphics design in graduate school, specializing in DV.

What kind of camera/software do you use?

Most of my vlog posts are shot with the simple video feature on my Canon Powershot S50 digital still camera. Occasionally I borrow a Canon GL2. I edit in Final Cut Pro, which I think is the cat's pajamas. LiveType and Soundtrack Pro are also indispensable. Oh, and without Apple Compressor, I would be utterly lost.

How did you get into videoblogging?

In Fall 2004 I discovered podcasting and thought it was super groovy, but I wondered why no one was doing the same sort of thing with video (lots of people were, I just didn't know). One day I heard a podcast that mentioned "vlogging." Intrigued, I Googled the word, and up came this video. I had no idea what I was looking at, but kept poking around, and 6 hours later I was hooked.

Are you the same guy who does the blog about vlogging with the weird name?

Yes, I also run Vlognik, a place where I try to make sense out of the changes in how media is created and distributed (especially video) by writing about it. It's a tad eggheady, because I like to analyze things and make connections between ideas, but I also invite response and discussion. It's not for everyone, but if you like to think too much about things, check it out if you get a chance!

How did you do that thing in that vlog that time?

I get many questions about how I do particular editing tricks, what's the meaning of certain videos, how I got my cat to do some particular thing, where or how something was shot, etc. I will try to come up with a way of organizing those questions and posting answers to them somewhere on this site. If you have suggestions about how I can do this in a way that's easy to use, let me know!

Comments on "FAQ"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3/23/2009 8:47 PM) : 

You know ,I have some wow gold,and my friend

also has some World of Warcraft Gold,do you kouw they have the same meaning,Both of them can be called
warcraft gold,I just want to
buy wow gold,because there are many
cheap wow gold

 

post a comment